BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Gaia Layouts »

Sunday 12 August 2012

When I Was Younger.. x

When I was younger, my mum and I would walk from the bungalow, with our buckets and spades, wearing our shorts and jelly shoes, all the way down to Hunstanton beach.

It's a memory that's so clear in my mind, that I remember as being some of the happiest moments of my life. It was in the school holidays, we'd travel up to see Grandma and Grandad, and even if the sun wasn't shining, we'd walk down, to paddle, to make sandcastles, to explore the rock pools, to collect shrimps or shells in a bucket, as long as our feet touched the sand, at least once, we'd be happy. I remember the amusement park, with the slippery slope, and the doughnuts we'd get, occasionally. I remember the trek that felt like we were walking for hours, to the end of the beach, just so we could say we'd done it. I remember walking back, with sand covered feet, and loving the feel of hot tarmac on my soles. And finally, when we arrived back at the bungalow, washing our feet in warm soapy water before being allowed to set foot inside. I remember the train, the little land train which would take us home if our legs got too tired from walking all day.

All my childhood memories came flooding back to me today, when I drove to Hunstanton to spend my lovely, sunny, scorching day off at the beach. It was magical, and as if nothing had changed. Except, the walk felt much shorter, and everything seemed much smaller. I guess when you grow up, and your legs get a lot longer, it takes much less time!

I retraced my footsteps from years ago, and it felt like home xx

Love Amy xxxx

0 fascinating comments:

Popular Posts x